Thursday, February 25, 2010

rice cereal, take 1

5 months and 3 days old: Is Cam ready for solid food? I think so!

Got him up in the morning, about 8am (later than usual cause mommy was tired) and went about my usual routine. Got myself some breakfast and coffee while Cam sat in his chair. This time though, it was his high chair instead of his bouncer that I usually sit him in. New perspective for Cam being up so high. I put some toys in front of him to keep him occupied but he wasn't really into them. He just looked around, watched what I was doing and talked a bit.

Ate my breakfast, grabbed the camera, made his first cereal mixed with formula and it's time for our first solid food feeding adventure!

Here's Camden before, all ready to go:



Time to see how Cam takes his first bite of real food! He opened his mouth wide and even though most of it seemed to come back out, he kept opening his mouth. He even smiled at one point. That's gotta be a good sign, right? I think he liked it but just needs some time to figure out this new experience. Check him out! (I don't know why these videos come up with a blank screen shot, but it should work when you play it. Finicky google.)



After awhile, he seemed to get a better hang of it and definitely swallowed some of the cereal. Of course, half of it ended up on his bib but that's to be expected.



I call this feeding a success. Yay, Camden!

No comments:

Post a Comment