Thursday, February 11, 2010

mommy insomnia

No matter how tired I am these days, I can't seem to get to sleep until after midnight. Cam is now in a groove where he goes down at around 7, then wakes about around midnight and then 5am to feed, finally getting up for the day at 7-7:30am.

The last few nights, I've been so tired that I get to bed at 10pm (sometimes 9!) but toss and turn until Cam gets up for his midnight feeding. Then after he's fed, I can easily go to sleep. I'm starting to think this has more to do with mommy-ness than sleeping. Like, I'm trying to sleep but really I'm just thinking about Cam getting up so I can't settle down until he does?

Boy, I hope this isn't a trend for future years. If I'm one of those moms who can't sleep until her kid is nicely tucked in his bed, even when he's 17, I'm in BIG TROUBLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment