Friday, February 26, 2010

baby words

Cam's been talking more and to date, here's the sounds I hear most often:

Oh
Ow
Ah
Ga
Hmmm
La
Woah (it really sounds like he's saying Woah)
Wa
Whooo (he sound like an owl!)
Ya (sometimes he does it appropriately like he's saying "yeah")

His favorites are Whoooo, Oh, Wa and Woah. Here was our conversation this morning as I was changing his diaper.

Me: Did you have a good sleep?

Camden: Oh, Oh, Oh. Whooo--oo-mmm.

Me: Oh really? (This is usually my response cause what else am I supposed to say? Sometimes I make up in my head what he could be saying and then keep the conversation going. But early in the morning, I'm not quick enough for that.)

Lately, when he seems bored or tired, he often makes the "Whooooo" sound, holding it out really long starting in a high pitch and taking it lower to the end of the sound. Kind of like he's exasperated and sighing. It's pretty funny.

Here he is just a few minutes ago after his nap:



I keep trying to get him to say "ma ma." So far, he's not having it.

No comments:

Post a Comment