Wednesday, September 2, 2009

the waiting game

10 more days until my due date! Went to the doc yesterday and I'm still just 2cm and 50% effaced. Now I think this baby will probably stay in another week or so. Brian's hoping for 9/9/09 so we'll see if his wish will come true.

Since I've been dilated for awhile, Brian and I have had time to freak out and then calm down. Worked out well actually, because now we're both just playing the waiting game and are ready for baby to come whenever he decides it's time!

I've had a new surge of energy to clean and organize the house some more. It's small, silly things like clearing out the freezer and taking the mess in the corner of the living room and organizing it into a neater mess.

I'd be okay with the baby staying in another week but I also would be perfectly happy if the baby came today. I have decided to increase my activity a bit to encourage baby along. Plan to go back to yoga on Thursday (I figure the stretching will be good for labor anyway) and then if baby still isn't here by next week, I may need to start some home remedies! I've gotten tons of suggestions from folks so we'll see how it goes. :)

1 comment:

  1. That would be an awesome birthday! I was so excited when Marin was born on 5/25/2005 and that isn't near as perfect.

    Good luck!
    Karis

    ReplyDelete