Sunday, September 13, 2009

he's officially late!

Due date has come and gone and still no baby. Brian says maybe he's just really comfy and warm in there. I think maybe he's just lazy like his daddy or stubborn like his mommy...or both!

I can just picture him in there, chillin' with both hands behind his head (like how daddy naps these days) humming and smirking to himself cause he knows we want him to come out but he's choosing to make us wait. Oh yes, a personality already. haha

Went for a 3 mile walk around greenlake yesterday. Nothing. I drink my tea every day. Nothing. Haven't tried these herbal pill things someone suggested but if he doesn't come in a few days I may consider it. And of course there's always the old standby of "jumping Brian's bones" as my friend says but I'm not so into that at this point. We'll see though. I could change my mind.

Everyone says to just enjoy these last few days without baby. Go to dinnner, catch a movie...it may be your last for awhile, etc etc. I know this to be true but it's hard to wrap my mind around that. I'm sure in hindsight I'll wish I appreciated these last days a little more, but all I can think about is, "Why doesn't he want to come out?!"

Soon enough though. He can't stay in there forever, right?

2 comments:

  1. Sure, there's enjoying the last few days without a kid, but no one enjoys being 9 months pregnant. You can't sleep, move, breathe, focus, etc.

    But I guess babies know better than us how long they need to cook. :)

    Ese

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope this baby is fully baked already. :)

    ReplyDelete