Thursday, September 10, 2009

natural remedies-3, alli-0

Brian and I are SO ready for this baby to come out already. We tell him every day to come meet us but he seems content chillin' in the belly. I've been trying some "natural remedies" that people say help to induce labor. Who knows if any of them actually work, but I figure it can't hurt to try.

Went for a long walk with Kainoa on Tuesday. That seemed to make baby more restless and my belly was tightening more. Progress! But then it stopped. :( Last night, Brian picked up spicy tofu soup for dinner. Nothing. Spicy foods really do nothing for me.

Then I got some red raspberry leaf tea that a friend suggested. Apparently, it's supposed to help your uterus contract or make it more efficient...or something. Like it helps to "focus" your braxton hicks, etc. (which I'm pretty sure I'm having though there's no pain, just tightening) I had two cups last night and am drinking another one this morning. So far, I don't feel anything but it doesn't stop me from trying!

I have a doc appt today so we'll see if I'm dilated more. I hope so! It's boring sitting around the house and we just don't want to wait any longer. Baby, come meet mommy and daddy!!

4 comments:

  1. I hope he comes soon! I think everyone's so excited to meet your baby boy...can't wait to hear what happens at your appointment!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, doctor's appointments are the best home remedy!

    Ese

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stop with the remedies already.... you only got 4 more days..... hold out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i hope so too! hopefully tonight or tomorrow. I think another walk is in order!

    And yeah, yeah...4 days. It actually is quite possible...

    ReplyDelete