Friday, September 4, 2009

tired and uncomfortable

That pretty much sums up the last couple of weeks of pregnancy. I get up every 1-2 hours these days either to pee or to switch sides, or just because. And when I get up I'm pretty wide awake. I guess your body is really preparing for baby. The night before last, I was SO happy because I actually slept for 4 hours straight! 4 hours! I haven't done that in months. But alas, last night it was back to waking up every couple of hours and I've refilled my sleep deprivation tank.

The belly is still getting bigger and now I have all kinds of strange little pangs and pains. My lower back hurts more often. The back of my right rib (and only my right rib...weird) hurts from time to time. If I push on the spot that bugs me, it hurts. Maybe the baby is kicking around that area and it's bruised? It is right where his feet are. I've also noticed my right pelvic bone/hip hurts in the last few days. If I turn a certain way or put weight on it, I feel a pang. I figure baby's head it so low that it's pushing against my pelvis. All of this is apparently just normal pregnancy stuff.

I think I've felt a contraction or two but can't be sure. It's not obvious enough to where I know 100% that it's a contraction. But I have felt strange pangs that I haven't felt before. But baby continues to stay in!

Tick tock, tick tock. And the waiting continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment