Monday, April 27, 2009

poke poke, poke poke

I've been feeling what I call "pokes" in my belly since about week 15. But I haven't been 100% sure it's the baby. People say that in the early stages, movements feel like bubbles bursting inside you. I haven't felt any of that, just the poking. So at first I thought maybe it was my muscles stretching or shifting or something. But as I'm getting bigger, the poking hasn't stopped. It isn't that frequent, but I definitely feel it now and then. In talking with other pregnant ladies, they say that's the baby. They felt the taps that later became full blown kicks.

I'm now 95% sure the poking I feel is the baby kicking me. I feel it in different places. Sometimes below my belly button -- on both the left and right sides. Other times (this only started in the last week) I feel it higher, above my belly button. I'm curious to know exactly where my uterus is at this point. It's likely that my uterus has moved upwards since it's now almost the size of a cantaloupe.

Whenever I feel it I tell Brian, "The baby is poking. Poke poke, poke poke." I can't wait until he can feel it too.

3 comments:

  1. He's already a facebook user.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (sorry, that was me. I only am able to comment as anonymous).

    Ese

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol. soon he'll be writing on my wall...

    ReplyDelete