Thursday, February 26, 2009

sick husband vs. pregnant wife

So, Brian was sick last week which is rarity for him. He came home early from work on Thursday, stayed home from work on Friday, and was sick through the weekend. Under normal circumstances, this would be a breeze. But I'm pregnant and tired and I should be the one being pampered. Let the battle begin.

Round 1: Brian calls me from the road on Thursday and asks me to put a glass of orange juice and bottle water upstairs for him cause he's sick and needs to rest. Okay, I'll give him a break. OJ and water. Check. B takes Round 1.

Round 2: Brian comes home and looks pretty sad. I give him a hug and ask him if he's okay. "I'm sick," he says. He stands in the kitchen with me, asks about his drinks and then wants me to make him a cheese sandwich. Really? Alright, I'll give you that one too. B takes Round 2.

Round 3: The next day, Brian stays home from work. He seems better. He answers a few emails on the computer and organizes our bills in between naps. But at one point in the day we're both standing in our closet upstairs. I'm putting the T-shirts away on the shelves and notice that a few formerly nicely folded shirts are now thrown on the shelves haphazardly because Brian's to lazy to put them back the way he found them. So I say to him, "Can you please put the shirts back nicely?"

He tells me to leave him alone and he's reasoning is, "I'm sick!"

That's it. My response is, "I'm pregnant!"

"You win." He says.

The rest of the weekend was quite boring. Brian slept A LOT. He was cranky and I was bored. Thank goodness he's over it now. But really, what is it with men and being sick? Try being pregnant and then we'll see who's tougher. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment