Wednesday, March 10, 2010

what's been going on

I'm in a lazy blogging mood. Here's the shorthand version of what's been happening the last week or so.
  • Cam's morning naps are getting shorter and shorter. Before, it was the longest nap of the day. He'd nap 3 hours sometimes in the morning. Now, he naps an hour tops and then his afternoon nap is longer (1.5-2+ hours).
  • His teeth keep on growing! You can see his bottom teeth when Cam smiles now. Too cute.
  • Cam seems to hate rice cereal. He likes oatmeal a little more, really little. So, I decided to try some peas to see if he likes the taste of that better. Success! So far, yesterday and today he likes it. Making your own baby food is harder than it looks though. It was for my first try anyway. I think I need to buy another magic bullet to make my life easier. I'll try and muster up the energy for a "first go at making baby food" post.
  • Crawling is around the corner, I think. He's trying but then gets frustrated when he wants t something in front of him but can't can't get to it.
  • Camden's personality is showing more! He sure tells you when he wants or doesn't want something now. He's incredibly active and wants to be on the ground, moving around. He still likes to be carried but will let you know when he's over it.
  • Stranger anxiety might be setting in a little. Before, he'd go to whomever, whenever. Yesterday, my Uncle George came over and tried to hold Cam. He went to him but then immediately started crying. He did go to my Aunty Sandy though so maybe he just didn't like the way he was being held by uncle? We'll see in the next few weeks...
  • I took Cam to his first Baby Hui meeting today. About 10 moms in the group and Cam's one of the oldest. Everyone seems really nice and I'm hoping it's a good support and resource for us. Maybe mommy and Camden will make some new friends too!

No comments:

Post a Comment