Monday, March 22, 2010

camden hates rice?

Is this Brian's son or what? Brian, lover of all things rice, cannot possibly have a son who hates rice cereal. But it is true.

At first I thought it was just because he was learning how to eat solids that he didn't like rice cereal. But now that he's a pro at it, I've determined that he in fact, abhors it. He cries and fusses and will not eat it willingly. I figured it was the taste so I started mixing it with sweet potato. Mini success for awhile but now he's even over that.

I think it must be too bland because he LOVES sweet potato by itself and likes his peas. He eats both without complaint and opens his mouth wide for more.

I'm thinking that I'm going to start just feeding him veggies, add in fruit soon, and leave it at that. I mean, do I have to give him cereal? As far as I can tell, the only benefit to cereal is the extra iron and he's getting that from formula anyway. My little vegetarian for now?

No comments:

Post a Comment