Wednesday, June 10, 2009

i want baby bedford!

Shopping for baby furniture has been a challenge. Options are limited at BRU when you factor in quality AND design. My trusty Baby Bargains book says Baby Cache and Baby Italia are good brands so we checked those out. I like Da Vinci designs better, but their quality isn't as good. In fact, even when we compared Italia and Cache at the store, you could tell Cache was better quality.

Plus, the engineer in Brian HATES that this Italia dresser to the right has a knob in the middle of the door. He says it's an "inefficient use of energy," or something nerdy like that.

I really want a set that has dark wood. I don't have a good reason for why I want that, it's just what I envision for the nursery. Factor that in, and options are even more limited! So, I searched and searched -- Target, Wal-Mart, expensive furniture directly from dealers (sooo nice, but sooo pricey! It might as well have diamonds embedded in the wood).

Finally, I found this Baby Bedford set at JC Penny. Again, recommended by my Baby Bargains book. This Westwood brand got an "A" rating. It's the color I want and the design is pretty nice too!

But of course it just can't be that easy now, can it? The crib is in stock, no problemo. The dresser on the other hand (without the hutch cause we don't really need it) is "temporarily unavailable" in the color I want. So, I call customer service.

The first lady I talk to says there's nothing she can do. They don't know anything -- if it's discontinued, or if they'll get more, etc. Real helpful. So I dig further, find the item number for the dresser in a different color and call back. New lady, much more helpful. She gives me the number of their internet customer service cause my issue is that I can't even add the item into my online shopping bag.

Call them and a very nice woman named Bonnie helps me out. At first I'm skeptical of this lady cause she can't seem to hear the numbers for the item or even my phone number accurately. Not a good sign. But in the end, she says they have this dresser in a warehouse in Connecticut. She doesn't know if they'll transfer it to a closer warehouse for me, but she makes a note and says someone will call me before processing the order (I haven't paid for anything yet).

Please, JC Penny...call me! Cause if not, I'm back to square one. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment