Friday, May 1, 2009

dry eyes. really?

A couple days ago I wore my contact lenses. I don't wear them that often so that night when my right eye felt really dry and irritated, I thought it was due to my contacts. But yesterday and now at this very moment, both of my eyes are extremely dry so I started to wonder if this was some kind of weird pregnancy symptom. Apparently, it is! Google tells me that there is a condition called "dry eye syndrome" that's caused by changes in hormone levels. Really? Hormones are becoming the bane of my existence.

I literally feel like scratching my eyes out or rubbing them constantly but I'm showing restraint because my mom always told me rubbing my eyes will give me wrinkles. We don't need to be compounding the problem.

So, I must endure it. I've put eye drops in but I suck at doing it and miss my eye all the time. What's next? "Can't hear syndrome?"

No comments:

Post a Comment