Saturday, May 2, 2009

and the hits just keep on coming...

Went for a walk yesterday and mid-way through noticed my groin was starting to hurt a little. Well, that's new. Luckily, there are benches all along the route I walk so I sat down a couple times to rest. Sitting seemed to make the pain go away.

I slowed down my pace for the last half of my walk and that seemed to help some. Got back to my car, stretched and went to pick up a few things at the grocery store. In the time it took for me to drive the short distance to the store, my muscles apparently clenched up -- or that's what it felt like, anyway. I got out of the car and, ouch. My groin hurt. Walking around the store to pick up 3 items was not fun. The more I walked though, the better it seemed to get. Kinda like I was warming myself up or something.

Got home and sat my butt down on the couch. Must. rest. legs. I still wasn't sure if it was my legs that was causing the pain or what. I wasn't too worried though cause it wasn't a sharp pain, more like a throbbing. And the pain was sort of where my legs meet my body so I figured it was some kind of weird rush of blood or a muscle ache. But when Brian came home and told him what was going on, he got a little concerned so I looked it up.

Yet ANOTHER common pregnancy symptom. It's called round ligament pain. There are these bands, "round ligaments," that are connected to your uterus. As your uterus grows, these stretch and can either cause sharp pains when you move suddenly or dull achy pains. Mine are the dull achy pains. It's common to feel it in your groin, especially after walking or physical activity. Lovely.

Check that off my list of pregnancy symptoms to plague me. But I'm glad to know it isn't anything serious. Plus, I don't feel it at all today so that's a good sign. I'm going to just have to slow down my walking pace a bit.

On a side note, I wonder what pregnant women did before google?

No comments:

Post a Comment