Wednesday, June 23, 2010

phantom crying

Recently, I've been hearing what I think is Camden talking/whining/crying through our shared wall. Usually it's early in the morning when I think he's getting up. In my dreamlike-still-sleepy state, I hear him making noise and reluctantly get out of bed to go and get him. A few times now (like today) I got up, put my ear to his door and heard nothing. This morning, I very quietly opened his door to peek inside and saw him still sleeping in his crib. Huh. Okay, then. Back to bed to sleep for another half hour until he really got up.

This has happened 3 or 4 times now. As I'm sleeping, I think I feel guilty about leaving him in his crib for too long and convince myself that he's crying when he's not. He's good about being patient in his crib for 10-15 min (sometimes longer, cause who knows when he actually gets up to when he makes enough noise for me to get up too) but I can't help but wonder every time I go in... just how long have you been up, Camden??

So, I now hear phantom crying. I guess mommyhood really can drive you to the nuthouse.

No comments:

Post a Comment