Thursday, November 12, 2009

7 hours. ruse or routine?

Last night Cam slept for 7 hours straight! Put him down around 8pm expecting he'd do his usual 4-5 hour stretch and get up for a feeding around midnight. Imagine our surprise when he finally woke us up at 2:45am! (Unfortunately, Brian and I didn't go to sleep until 10pm so we only got 5 hours of sleep. But hey, that's not bad!)

He then got up again at 6:30am to eat and didn't really want to go back to sleep after that. He was yawning but was totally wide-eyed. Momny wasn't really having that though. He needed to sleep a little longer so I could get a few things done -- eat breakfast, get ready to go out (we had to get our swine flu shot today), make coffee, etc. So, I rocked him and tried my hardest to get him back down and he finally fell back asleep at around 8am and slept until 9:30.

Figuring out this whole sleeping thing is such a challenge. I must admit, B and I were both a bit worried that he slept so long. I mean, he's not supposed to sleep "through the night" quite yet, right? From what I hear though, babies tend do this around week 7-8. They sleep a long stretch for a few nights but then go right back to the 4-5 hour deal. So we shall see what Camden does. But if by some miracle he keeps this up and even lengthens his sleeping more, I'll be ecstatic! (knock on wood, knock on wood)

No comments:

Post a Comment