Monday, January 25, 2010

cam's 4 months old!

Happy 4-month day!

Cam's 4 months old! And he seems to be on track with his development. Here's a few of his recent milestones:
  • Grab, suck. Grab, suck. Just in the last few days, I've noticed Cam grabbing objects a lot more and of course, most of them now end up in his mouth. Last week I noticed him sucking on my forearm. Yesterday, he found a new squishy nemo toy from Grammy Mats that went straight into his mouth and pretty much stayed there. Today, he grabbed his big plastic toy that we've been playing with for weeks and decided he wanted to see what the edge of it tasted like. Teething perhaps? I've been checking his mouth but don't think he is. He's just exploring!

  • I've got the power! This morning, Cam realized that he has control of his bottle. He's been "holding" his bottle for awhile now but always with the help of mommy. But this morning when I pulled his bottle away, he grabbed it with both hands and pulled it back to his mouth! Once he figured out he could do that, he started taking the bottle out of his mouth on his own for a couple of seconds and then pulling it back in, I think, just to see if he could do it. What a smart boy!! (Yeah, yeah. I can't help but think he's a genius.)

  • All I wanna do is, talk, talk, talk! Cam's also been talking up a storm the last couple of days when he's in his jumper (which he loves, btw). I'm not sure if he's telling us what he's doing, seeing, or just complaining that he's tired and wants out. I'm guessing it's all three depending on the moment. Here he is earlier today, definitely telling us something!

2 comments:

  1. What a cutie.

    http://couponmommyof2.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! i'll have to check back to your site for deals and steals :)

    ReplyDelete