Monday, May 17, 2010

Cam's new tricks

  • Talking, talking and more talking.

  • Standing up by himself! Well, sort of. He's taken to climbing up me (grabbing my clothes, etc), getting his feet under him and then standing up practically all by himself. He hasn't pulled himself up on furniture or anything on his own yet. But I think that's right around the corner.

  • Progressing to half scoot/half crawl. He gets on his knees more.

  • He LOVES scoot/crawling on the hard wood floor. He likes the sound it makes when he slaps the floor with his hands.

  • He knows what a fan is and loves watching it spin.

  • He knows "kawai kawai" which in Japanese loosely means "to dote on." We use it more like "cuddle" or "kiss kiss." Grandma taught him that one and he loves to "make kawai kawai" on his stuffed duckie! haha. He also does it to people once in awhile when he's in the mood. :)

  • He knows he's not allowed to crawl to cords or to our shoe rack because whenever he does I tell him, "no no!" and then pick him up and take him somewhere else. So, now whenever he wants to get to either, he stops and looks back at me to see if I'm watching. I look at him and tell him, "No no...come back here." He smirks and then proceeds to make a beeline for the cords/shoes like it's a race to see if he can get there before I stop him. What a little rascal.

No comments:

Post a Comment