Sunday, April 25, 2010

a movie alone sounds like a vacation.

Before being a mommy, I enjoyed being alone at times. Shopping, watching tv, reading...sometimes I just needed quiet "me" time. But I was never one who could eat at a restaurant alone or go to a movie by myself. But now that I'm a mom, those things sound like awesome ideas. I now know why "old" people (as I saw them when I was younger) like to do these kinds of things. My friend's dad would always go to movies alone and I remember thinking how strange that was. But now, I completely understand.

This morning, I went to Longs to buy something for Brian. My plan was to also make a stop at Starbucks for a coffee treat. In the past, I wouldn't think anything of this short trip out. I might have even been bummed that I had to go and run an errand. But today? It felt like a mini vacation!

I consciously enjoyed EVERY MINUTE of being out, by myself, without baby or husband. I went to Longs, bought what Brian needed and then took a short walk to Starbucks. While walking, I literally thought to myself, "Appreciate this time to yourself! Enjoy walking alone in the sunshine to grab a cup of coffee."

Isn't that funny? I think as a parent, you give so much to your child that there's almost nothing left for you. So when you're able to find those little moments to yourself, you revel in them.

I will SO be that "old" woman who goes to movies alone on the weekends. Bring it on.

4 comments:

  1. I totally agree. I'm going on a trip this Fall for a female cousins/aunts reunion and I'm really looking forward to the plane trip all alone. I even may have to hang out in the airport for a few hours before I get picked up. Bliss.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I totally understand where you're coming from. I went to Costco by myself the other day and felt the same exact way!! Let me know how the movie thing goes...I haven't ever given that a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ese, that sounds like HEAVEN. and i thoroughly dislike airplanes.

    dari...air con, candy, cushy seats and escapism for 2 whole hours!! i can't wait to give it shot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. super p force 160 mg Tablet is a combination of two medicines used in the treatment of premature ejaculation in adult men. It increases blood flow to the penis to help men get an erection. That medicine should be used only when prescribed by a doctor.

    ReplyDelete