Monday, January 19, 2009

Am I really pregnant?

According to all the "due date calculators," I'm now in my 6th week. But since doctors don't see you until you're at least 8 weeks (this kinda sucks, btw), I have nothing but the pregnancy tests to claim that there's something growing inside me.

On Saturday (Jan. 17), I took another pregnancy test to check it once again. I think I'm bordering on OCD. Thankfully, it came out positive but I'm still not totally convinced it's real. Actually, I take that back. I'm more worried that it will go away. It doesn't help that I don't feel that different. Sure, I'm a little hungrier and a bit more tired...but that could all be in my head. Maybe I just think I'm hungry cause I think I'm pregnant. Boy, that's a scary thought. Do you know how much weight I could gain with that rationale??

It's still early though so the bigger pregnancy cues may kick in soon. But for now, I constantly wonder if my uterus is really the size of an apple and if the embryo is truly starting to form eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment