Wednesday, November 11, 2009

hit the penguin!

Camden loves staring at the penguin that hangs from the top of his play mat. He really does. He could care less about the other animals and rattles around him, all he cares about is that tuxedo.

His penguin is low enough that he can touch it. The other day, I brought his hand up to it to show him he could touch the rings at the bottom if he wanted. He seemed intrigued and very happy about that. I showed him again. Then I noticed that he seemed to be trying to touch it on his own! And after a few minutes of trying, he got it! I reinforced this amazing behavior (I can't help it, I think he's such a smart little guy) and since then he always hits the penguin when he lies on the mat.

I taped him today doing his thing. Towards the end of the video, he gives it a good hit and looks like he really means it. Then he seems extremely please with himself! I know some of you may say he's just flailing his arms around, but to me it really does seem intentional. My little genius. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Maybe he's a lefty! He looks really cute. - Ese

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha. maybe! he'd be the original one in the fam if that's the case :)

    ReplyDelete